It goes without saying, whether you are a home, a business, or involved with any type of industry, you need power 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Vons Electric knows that electrical emergencies don’t check the clock to see if it’s convenient. Whether it’s a weekend or outside our regular workday hours, if you face an electrical emergency, we’re ready to do what needs to be done.
Our contact page explains how to reach our on call electrician, quickly.
When do I call my local power supplier or the City instead of Vons? As a rule of thumb, your power supply company handles issues from their lines up to your meter. Vons can handle any electrical emergency that has to do with the power from your meter, within and through your home or other premises.
What constitutes an emergency? We presume given you’re reading this, there isn’t one happening now. If there is, jump to the list below! If not, you might like to read the TIPS section of this site.
- Power to any vital piece/s of machinery or system is lost and you cannot restore it yourself or don’t know how.
- Power required for running your business or for keeping you & others safe or healthy, is lost and you cannot restore it yourself or don’t know how.
- You smell something ‘funny’ (of an electrical/hot metal smell) see major sparks or hear a fizzing/sizzling sound when you use an outlet.
- Other situations when something you need immediately won’t work e.g. your Kohler generator has stopped or power to your garage door has failed.
- Any time you’re very concerned / it feels like an emergency to you, and you think Vons can help.
We know you’ll use your best judgment. If it feels like an emergency to you, it probably is. Our goal is safe and satisfied long term customers, helping you avoid emergency call out rates whenever possible, but ensuring you have 24 hour electrical emergency service when you do need it.
Call Vons if you’re not sure! 630.377.VONS (8667) There’s no charge for emergency advice!